A Zen priest was jailed several times after he was caught stealing small items from his neighbors. A friend offered to provide the priest what he needed so that the priest would no longer be tempted to steal.
"You do not understand," the priest replied. "I steal so that I can return to jail and bring the message about the Way to the prisoners."
ZEN STORY
If the Truth cannot be found in prison, it cannot be found anywhere else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Lazy Approach
If you work hard at being lazy, you are a hard worker.
-
Eric Hoffer is a great American not because he was an exceptional man, but because he was an ordinary man who was exceptional.
-
There is a certain kind of amnesia that lulls us into a false sense of security. This forgetfulness is not the result of a poor memory. Ra...
-
My interest in the evolution of man led me to study myself more closely. After all, I am an ordinary person. The laws that govern human natu...
No comments:
Post a Comment