My preaching days are over. The good news is that no one listened to me.
In The True Believer, Eric Hoffer quotes Michel de Montaigne and I can do no better here:
"All I say is by way of discourse, and nothing by way of advice. I should not speak so boldly if it were my due to be believed."
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Lazy Approach
If you work hard at being lazy, you are a hard worker.
-
Eric Hoffer is a great American not because he was an exceptional man, but because he was an ordinary man who was exceptional.
-
There is a certain kind of amnesia that lulls us into a false sense of security. This forgetfulness is not the result of a poor memory. Ra...
-
My interest in the evolution of man led me to study myself more closely. After all, I am an ordinary person. The laws that govern human natu...
No comments:
Post a Comment