Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Zorba the Greek

To live passionately without being ruled by your passions is a fundamental law of radical Christianity.

Saint Paul knew this truth:

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.--Philippians 4:11-12

Christ was the original Zorba the Greek. He did not fear Reality so He alone knew the fullness of life.

The religious leaders of His time wore long faces and acted out a pious charade. They inspired no one and were kith and kin of the fundamentalist leaders of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Question of Morals

Moral degeneration is a downhill slide. Moral regeneration is an uphill battle.