"I have good news for you."
I can imagine Jesus Christ approaching the fishermen as they hauled in their catch for the day. The puzzled looks and the almost instinctive response, "What good news?"
"The Kingdom of Heaven has arrived. Come, follow Me."
These first disciples must have been amused at this stranger who was asking them to put aside their livelihood and follow Him. He perhaps had already started away. I can see the fishermen winking at each other. A madman.
They probably decided to entertain themselves for the evening after loading the fish in their baskets. One of them jokingly held up his walking stick as a scepter and encouraged the others to join in the procession.
Although they did not realize it at the time, these disciples were beginning a journey within that would free them from fear. And that was indeed good news.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Lazy Approach
If you work hard at being lazy, you are a hard worker.
-
Eric Hoffer is a great American not because he was an exceptional man, but because he was an ordinary man who was exceptional.
-
There is a certain kind of amnesia that lulls us into a false sense of security. This forgetfulness is not the result of a poor memory. Ra...
-
My interest in the evolution of man led me to study myself more closely. After all, I am an ordinary person. The laws that govern human natu...
No comments:
Post a Comment